Tuesday, September 28, 2004

The Return.

I returned home on September 17, 2004. It was a nice homecoming - few people, little drama. After an influential 2 years in the Peace Corps in Bulgaria, several whirlwind trips throughout eastern Europe, a chaotic but advertureous trek through China, an action-packed experience working at the 2004 Olympics in Athens and a spledid visit to London, my trip has come to an end. I am happy to be here and preparing myself for the next big endeavor- finding a job.

My first week in DC was not relaxing, to say the least. I worked downtown selling beverages for a friend of my dads during the week-long celebration in honor of the new Native American Museum in DC. It was great to be down there and partake in the festivities, however, I would have liked at least one day to unpack my bags. It didn't happen. After my last day of work I attended my grandmothers funeral in Saxton, Pennsylvania. Saxton is the old coal mining town where Dee lived immediately after her family immigrated from Italy. She was the eldest of 11 children and we got to see the tiny home they all lived in for over 30 years. It was quite an experience.

The day after that (yesterday) I flew to Denver to see my mom, brothers and sisters and my good friends. I love being here and I am slightly hesitant about my decision to move to Washington. But that's where the jobs are so I'm giving the east coast a second chance.

I've really had a nice time getting reaquainted with my family and friends this last week. Especially my little neices and nephews that were virtually unrecognizable at first. Friday, as tradition holds, I'm going to attend the great American beer festival in Denver with my friend Adam. That should symbolize my full-fledged return to the states.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home